Saturday, February 6, 2010

WINTER WONDERLAND

Another major snowstorm this weekend. I love it! Quiet snowfall, warm house, food to warm not only the body but the soul. Comfort food. I remember when i was a child we would stay outside until our toes froze. Our coats and several layers of clothing would be soaked. Our feet like little ice cubes. Snowmen, snowball fights, snow forts anything we could imagine we made. My Grandmother would  say "if you're coming in  you're staying in." So we stayed out until we could not bend arms or legs because our coats were frozen. In the house was a warm kitchen, a stove to warm our frozen bodies and snowcream. My Grandmother makes the best snowcream! Cold, creamy, sweet, and a wonderful vanilla flavor. I have made several batches!  Snowcream is one family tradition all of us really enjoy. The waiting for the snow, evaporated milk, sugar and lots of vanilla to  blend together is hard. However its worth the wait.  Snowcream was consumed quickly, brain freeze and all.

                                                       SNOW DAYS OF THE PAST
                                                         My Mom,love the coat!
 
My Grandmother, so playful!
 

The Gang
 

                                                                             Me
 
My oldest daughter and me


SNOW DAYS OF THE PRESENT
  

  
  
  
  
  
  
  
Wyatt watching the snow
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Rachel looks like Gloria Steinham in her coat, not sure if I spelled the last name correctly , but you know what I mean. I do like the one of wyatt at the window looking at the snow. Reminds of a picture I saw on these cards I used to service at target called "Graphique De France".
    Not sure if they still sell them. I am making some cards for myself. nice pictures.
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete