Thursday, February 25, 2010

END OF A VIRGINIA TRADITION

Sometime this spring a Virginia grocery tradition will come to an end. For most of us shopping at Ukrops has been a part of our family for generations. My Grandmother, Mother, myself, and my daughter are all loyal Ukrop's shoppers. The bakery division of Ukrop's was not sold, so we will still enjoy birthday cake, White House Rolls, Rainbow Cookies just to name a few of their delish  bakery items. How will we remember Ukrop's?  I will remember Ukrop's everytime i have a meal. I recently found two Healthly Heart Cookbooks published by Ukrop's in 1988-89. I also collected two different sets of dinnerware . One could pick up a four piece place setting for ninety nine cents after you spent  fifty dollars. The second three piece place setting was one dollar fifty cents after you spent fifty dollars. I use one for the winter and one for summer.The name may change but you cannot take away my memories of the Ukrop's shopping experience.
                           

                                             My summer place settings
 
  
My winter place settings
 

  
  
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment