Sunday, October 4, 2009

THIS AND THAT

It's been awhile since my last post. I have been very busy taking care of everyone and everything. Drew(my son-in-law) Jamie, Wyatt, Jessica, and i went to the Hispanic Festival at The Science Museum of Virginia on September 26. The museum was free and is mainly for science geeks. Very interesting though. My grandson enjoyed the museum more than the festival. The Hispanic Festival is a great way to expierence culture, music and food. Well,i could not enjoy any of the food due to my special diet. I did not expierence any culture. If you call promotional and information booths culture!
The museum did have some activities for children. The best part of the day was this huge train, i think it was a locomotive. The Science Museum of Virginia at one time was the main train station. That was until Amtrak arrived, then the station closed. My husband, Jessica and i took Wyatt to the State Fair of Virginia at its new location. Its now called The State Fair at Meadow Event Park. The fair moved from eastern Henrico to this location. The fair now has that country fair feel. Alot of  tents were closed. How can  tents for swine, cattle, and sheep be closed? What's with that! This was the Agriculture Area! Go figure. The freak shows were missing also. You know, The World's Smallest Woman, The Gorilla Girl, etc. What's a fair without the freaks! My husband came home with a tummy ache. Do you think it was the pizza, or the polish sausage he bought from O'Briens ( get it polish sausage from O'Briens) or the homemade ice cream, or the kettle corn. I can't figure it out. Anyway a good time was had by all. Until morrow-Good Eve.
Science Museum of Virginia

1 comment:

  1. I love the science museum and wyatt will like it when he gets older. Seth loved it. He loves science. I hope the christmas tress are more and nicer than last year. they seemrd to be afraid of christmas for some reason last year.

    ReplyDelete