Friday, September 18, 2009

FIELD DAY OF THE PAST

  Fred and I  took  Wyatt to FIELD DAY OF THE PAST. It's a mini fair that comes every September. Actually its better than the  State Fair of Virginia.  Field Day of the Past has more of a small town feel to it. The way Short Pump was in the past. Short Pump has gone the way of  big business, you know malls, fast food, etc. like we need more malls and fast food joints! Anyway, we got there early so we could spend at least several  hours enjoying the sights and sounds.   There were Antique cars, which included Fire Engines, Tractors, Delivery Trucks, Dump Trucks, and so on and so on. His feet never left the ground. He sat on every vehicle at least thirty seconds!  Wyatt really enjoyed the 1923 Pullman Sleeper Car. The Midway inclued all the classic rides, a Ferris Wheel, Merry-Go-Round, etc. Don't forget the food vendors, so many of them! Which one do you pick?We decided on the food vendor next to the 4-H Dairy Barn. The BEST milkshake ever!  Fred comsumed a Bologna Burger with onions on Texas Toast. Wyatt and I (mostly I) consumed Chicken Tenders and French Fries. Fred decided to get a milkshake, I asked Fred to get me something to drink also. He comes back with a strawberry milkshake. Where's my drink, I'm thirsting to death over here! Oh, you wanted something? Really?  Just to let you know Fred did not get anything to drink either. Wyatt drank all of the milkshake! I will let the pictures tell the rest of the story.
Until morrow-Good Eve

























                                                                               

1 comment:

  1. Is it still going on? we didn't go this year. I thought the pictures were very nice. I love the contented Wyatt in the last picture. He had a fun day.

    ReplyDelete